Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Oh how I love Monday's

Oh what a day Monday's can be. It seemed to start out ok. I went to work and right now I am scanning patients that are wanting to enroll in a research study on obestiy medicine. Well, they schedule the patients and they have to do other things on them first like vitals, labs, see the doctor and nutitionist, and other test. I do the echo very last. So usually I am waiting around for a while and then it seems like they are all ready at the same time. Oh well it's not too bad. I then have to go to the prison to scan a patient there. So my day was going ok. I had to go back to the research place and scan one more patient. They were suppose to be ready for me soon after I got back. Not the case. The person who was getting all of the other stuff was taking FOREVER. She kept forgetting to do something and I would have to ask to make sure all was done and then she forgot and I had to wait and so on. So by the time I was finished, it was already 6 pm, no biggie, part of work, I was a little frustrated though. I left and had a small headache. I went to Sams to get more formula for Hailee and then started on my way home. Now my day got worse.
I was pulled over!! First time that I have ever been pulled over and for a major stupid reason. I passed this cop who was on the side of the freeway and he pulled on shortly after me and passed me in the LEFT LANE (fast lane). The cars in front of me were slowing down cause oh no there is a cop going faster than the speed limit. So I got over in the LEFT LANE and followed the cop. Not tailgating or anything just going the speed posted. The cop pulled into the other lane and I stayed in the same lane. Next thing I know is the cop pulls back in front of me and slows down and pulls off the side of the road, so I slow down and move over, I don't know what the cop was doing. He then pulls back onto the road and comes flying down the freeway and gets right on my bumper with his lights on. He was just rididng my tail like no other, so I pull over through the lanes and stop. He gets out and doesn't just tap on the window he pounds on the window and tells me to open up, I felt like saying to him " no crap I think I know I have to open the window" plus he was on the right side of my car. I don't have power windows, so I have to reach across and roll it down. He was so rude, he told me in a loud stern voice to give him my license and registration followed by "you know that it is the law that you can not drive in the left lane for as long as you were there. It is only there for rush hour traffic" I had no idea about it and when I said sorry I wasn't aware of it, it acted like I was stupid and he was even more rude. I never knew it was a law that you couldn't drive in that lane??? I seriously hate people who can not talk civil to people no matter what authority they hold. It's not like I was being rude and like I intended to do something wrong and run from him. Anyhow, I got a warning rudely and then when I got home, to top it off I notice I lost a hubcap somewhere. I just wanted to climb in bed and try a new day!!

2 comments:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Ah, I am sorry Jen! I hope Jimmy made you a bubble bath, dinner, and got you some ice cream. I wish i could make you feel better by telling you that Andrew did diahrea all over me, threw his food at me, screamed all day, didnt nap, and to top it off Franco walked in the door only to make a rude comment that the house was not clean enough for him. Sorry none of that happened except the franco & rude comment part. Hope today was better for you. I have that binky for hailee. i was going to walk it over but then it started to snow..darn snow.. :(

Bobbi Lee said...

That totally sucks! I think that Monday's should be skipped and that cops should have someone to police them. And I totally think he made that law up to meet his quota or something. I have never heard of such a thing. I hope the rest of your week picks up!