Saturday, April 19, 2008

The 5k race



We did it!!! The whole family, Jimmy, Hailee, and I. We ran or walked the Salt Lake 5k.


This was my number in the race.



Although it was an early morning and I wasn't too sure how it would go, everything went fantastic. It is kinda funny, I was telling Jimmy that we should train to run a 5k sometime this year and a few days later, my friend Angela called and asked if I would walk the SL 5k. Crazy she was reading my mind.

So we all signed up!! Angela's sisters all signed up as well, but they all ran.


Jimmy ran with them. He said that he ran it in 29 mins. Go Jimmy!! Angela, Hailee and I walked. We walked all the way from Liberty Park to the Gateway!! Go us!! It was really cool that we actually did something like that, you hear about people doing it all the time and we actually did it!! Hailee was so good the whole time, which I was surprised since she had been awake since 5:45am. I tried not to wake her, but she did. We had such a great time!! We decided that SL has the most amazing people. This one lady, who wasn't even in the race started to run by us. She stopped and talked to us for a minute and it was like we were best friends with her. Angela told her that she should keep running and the lady told us that she should, maybe she would find her a new husband. We lost her and then she popped up again. I wasn't too sure about her, she probably lost a few. Ooo, even spiderman showed up!!

Hailee after the race. She was so tired and she crashed.

1 comment:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Thanks Jen! I am thinking that every saturday we should just get up and walk a few miles..pheww..that was easy huh we could do it!! I appreciate you walking with my slow behind.