Sunday, June 29, 2008

For Eternity

I love being in Young Womens!! I was in the presidency while I was pregnant and then released just before I had Hailee and just was recently put back in as an advisor. We combine all together since there is usually more leaders that show up than girls. Todays lesson was on Temple Marriage. What a great lesson.
We talked about how important it is to be sealed in the temple to your spouse and the important blessings you can have. We also talked about the differences that come when you are sealed in the temple and when you have a civil marriage. Being sealed to your family is one of the many great blessings that we recieve for all eternity. We talked about how "if you have the opportunity to be sealed and choose otherwise to marry for time till death and you still do what is right and follow the gospel, if you are not sealed you will have no rights to your family and will live alone." (Bruce R. McConkie) I can not imagine being without. I am so grateful to have the blessings of the gospel in my life and the blessings that it brings to my family.


**Portland, Oregon Temple**

1 comment:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

My world will be complete when I can put myself under the "sealed" category. I cant wait!! And my next little one will have the blessing of being born under the covenant. I love the gospel, what joy it brings into our lives!!! Thanks Jen for your post.