Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hailee's scary moment!!!

We haven't been to a movie in so long and Jimmy wanted to see the new Adam Sandler movie, he loves Sandler, Zohan. Not one that I would recommend, he has a few good movies and this isn't one. Our friends wanted to see it to and so we went with them and we all took our kids. Hailee did pretty well considering she took a late nap and woke up about an hour and a half before the movie at 7:30. Hailee was doing really well and towards the end she was getting ready to get out of there, so I took her out to walk around. The new Ice Age movie cardboard cutout was just outside the door of the theater we were in and I went to look at it. It was taller than me.
Hailee looked at it and went to touch it and then she stopped and looked at me. I told her it was ok and I touched it. She didn't want to touch it and would look at it and turn and put her head down on my shoulder. She kept looking at it and would start to reach for it and turn. Each time she would get a little whimper like she wanted to cry. I had her try and touch it and she jerked her hand away. I went down the hall to walk with her and as I walked she would turn around to see where the cutout was. I later went back down the hall to the theater and the closer I came the more she grabbed on me tighter and her little face had a terrified look on it. I told Jimmy and showed him how she gets scared getting close to it, we tried to get her to touch it and she just didn't want anything to do with it. It was kinda funny, but I felt bad at the same time that she was frightened by this. She did this with the Giant Kung Fu Panda cutout as we went outside too even though the other kids were touching it, she wouldn't.

No comments: