Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July



Our 4th of July festivities go back as far as I can remember. We have a family tradition that we do every year. A few years ago we started our 4th on the 3rd with a BBQ at my Uncle's home and fireworks at the golf course by his house. On the 4th we go to Copperton park. My grandpa is part of the Lion's Club in Copperton and used to live in Bingham Canyon, which is no longer there. Every year they have this big celebration for the 4th. If we make it early enough we have breakfast. They have all sorts of different races that you can participate in and the winners recieve money, this was always fun when we were little. There is a foot race - which Jimmy ran, sack race, shoe scramble race, and a hula hoop race - I used to win this every year, not this year I can't even hula hoop anymore - they had a lot more races when I was younger. We then hang out in the park and have a picnic with all my relatives. Later on for Jimmy and I, the past couple of years we have been going to our friends home for a BBQ and some "fun" fireworks. It is a lot of fun and I love when the 4th comes around every year!!!

1 comment:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Ohh..i love her 4th outfit..so flipping cute..and of course the bow that is in her hair too is amazingly beautiful! Happy 4th