Sunday, July 27, 2008

Camping Weekend

We had a family reunion on my Dad's side this last weekend. We went camping up to Current Creek. Jimmy and I told my parents about this place that we love to go to.
*We saw this deer as we were hiking*


Jimmy first intorduced me to this place just after we were married. We went camping and fishing there and I remember that summer we walked the river and fished along the way. Well dumb me + no sunscreen = burnt Jen!! Needless to say, I never learn
but have a great husband who pesters me to keep it on!!
I did put it on but forgot my feet this time. Anyhow, it was a great time as always. Our friends,
the DeMelo's also were going camping and they came and camped at the same camp ground, so fun!!
*Eating smores and hanging by the fire with the DeMelo's*

*Hailee and Andrew*
*Us camping*

On Sat. Jimmy and my brothers got up early to fish. I was up early with my niece and my baby. Hailee did pretty good while we were there. She woke a few times and I put her in bed with me and she would go back to sleep. She is still my early riser though. So I was awake pretty early.
*Hailee sitting around the fire to get warm during the cold morning*

*Alyssa up early with Hailee and I, she had me take a few pictures of her posing, she is quite the little camera poser. She tells me she will be a model one day*
*Hailee and Alyssa in the morning around the fire together*
Our family reunions are always great fun! We get everyone together for a big potluck dinner and play a game that the reunion planner comes up with and have a big family auction. My dad's family is big, really big!! Lets just say my parents planned this year and planned for 80 people. There is a few more that didn't come either. I love how big my family is and that we get together twice a year to catch up with everyone!!

1 comment:

Lori Romney said...

Fun! I love camping. We are camping in Idaho for a family reunion over Labor Day. I'm not sure I will love it as much being 7 months pregnant, but we will see. :)