Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's Mom Day!!!

Today is Mother's day and I couldn't be happier. It is my first official mom's day, although Jimmy liked to celebrate it other years past and give me something. It is really a good day to sit and reflect on how much our mom's actually do and what they mean to us. I know that for me, my mom is the greatest. She has always supported me in the decisions that I make. She was always there for me as I grew up with everything from teaching me how to do different things like cook, sew and others, to helping me with school, like those dang word lists she made me read during the summer before I could do anything else. She was there for all my clogging recitals, even with everything else that was going on, she made me feel important and was there no matter what. Being the second oldest of 6 kids, she always made sure that I had everything that I needed and was taken care of and I know I was loved. She was there for me in college and when I needed help, she was there to help no matter what, and even came for the mother/daughter weekend and stayed. Now days she is still there for me, she still makes sure that I have what I need and that everything is taken care of. She was there for me during my pregnancy and waited for hours with me and Jimmy at the hospital waiting for my wonderful little girl to be born. Although she took forever and my mom left to get some sleep, she was back early morning to see me and how things were. She is my favorite person to go to "girly things" with like going to see Lord of the Dance, twice, and Riverdance. We have fun shopping. I am glad that I inherited a few of the many good qualities that my mom has. One day I just might be able to come close to be as great of a mom that she was to me. I just love my mom to death!!!
This is what I made my mom for mother's day, it is a magnet board. This is one of the things that I got from my mom, my craftiness and the love to make craft things.
Jimmy gave me some plants for Mother's day, another thing that I got from my mom, gardening. I love plants and flowers, especially ones with lots of color. The first one is an Azalea, the tag said "White Light Azalea", but it's not white it's orange, mixed tags?? The other one is a Clematis, I have one that is fully grown next to it with purple flowers, this one will have white. These are so pretty.

1 comment:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Oh my heck jen!!! That magnet board is tooooo cute. I really love it. You blow me away with all your great ideas and craftiness. Happy Mom's Day! Hope you got a long nap and a great foot massage. :)