Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Family Reunion Camping

This last weekend we went to my family reunion. It was just me and Hailee since Jimmy had prior plans that weekend. We drove up with my brother and his daughter and my other niece. My parents came as well as my sister and another brother. We all went without our spouses for various reasons. As we were driving there, it had become dark and as we were heading up the canyon we had to dodge a lot of deer and other critters of the forest, including a baby brown bear!! Yes a bear. My brother started to slow down and we were trying to figure out what was in front of us, as we got closer we saw the bear running across the road. It was cold camping. I am not a good camper when it is cold pretty much the whole time we were there. Hailee had fun with the other cousins, and played the games and did the activites that were planned, at each place they got to choose something to put in their bags. They had a sand pit with money in it, bracelets, bubbles,and go-gurts were just a few items they got. Hailee loved the bubbles and HAD to blow them herself. As she was walking she kept spilling them, but I was alright with that. It was a lot better than I was expecting with Hailee. I wasn't too sure how she would do putting to bed since she falls asleep on her own in a crib. No crib camping. She was really tired and fell asleep with my mom holding her, so it was nice not to have to fight her. It was a good way to spend the weekend, catching up with family and camping!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bobbi Lee said...

Fun. What a good mom you are to take her camping. I will not even consider camping until Bryson is old enough (and by that I mean, less curious) to deal with the fire.

We are starting to get settled here - still fixing up the house, but should be in this week. I found a doctor and know where the hospital is. I guess that's about as prepared as one can be for another baby:)

Miss you guys!